64th Congress of the Indian Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (An International Conference) will be held at IIT Bhubaneswar during December 9-12.
The Indian Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (ISTAM) was established in 1955, with its headquarters at IIT, Kharagpur. ISTAM was formed by the think tanks of the post-independent India for providing a common platform to Scientists, Technologists, and Engineers to share and discuss current research work conducted by them individually or in groups and seek solutions to emerging problems of the society.
Section 1: Fluid Mechanics
- Aerospace Dynamics.
- Aerospace Propulsion.
- Atmospheric Sciences and Oceanography.
- Boundary Layers.
- Compressible Flow.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- Drops, Bubbles, and Multiphase Flows.
- Experimental Methods in Fluid Dynamics.
- Flow Through Porous Media.
- Geophysical & Environmental Fluid Dynamics.
- Low-Reynolds number Flow.
- Mathematical Modelling.
- Statistical Mechanics.
Section 2: Solid Mechanics
- Aerospace Structures.
- Computational Solid Mechanics.
- Control Structures.
- Experimental Methods in Solid Mechanics.
- Fracture and Crack.
- Mechanics of Composites.
- Viscoelasticity and Creep.
- Robotics and Control.
Young Scientists Award:
Three medals, one each, in the sections: 1. Fluid Mechanics, 2. Solid Mechanics, and 3. Experimental Techniques or Computational Methods will be awarded to researchers of age 30 years or below for presenting outstanding research work at the Congress.
- Participants intending to present a paper in the Congress should upload (electronically) a three page, extended abstract consisting of the research aim, brief literature survey, problem formulation, solution methodology and significant conclusions in the format specified below.
- Based on the reviewer’s recommendation, a communication will be sent to the participant.
- Once the extended abstract is accepted for presentation, the participant is required to submit electronically either the brief abstract (limited to 300 words) or the full paper (limited to eight pages) in case the participant wishes to publish it in the e-proceedings of the Congress, which is subject to the peer review process.
- Delegate from Educational Institutes and R&D Organizations: INR. 4,000.
- Delegate from Industry: INR. 5,000.
- Student Delegates/Life Members: INR. 2,000.
- Academic Institution in Group (Up to three delegates): INR. 10,000.
- Industries in Group (Up to three delegates): INR. 13,000.
- Delegates from Abroad: US- $ 350 or the UK- £ 200.
- SAARC & BRICS countries Indian-INR. 5,000 / US $ 250.
Those participants whose extended abstracts are recommended for presentation will go for online registration.
Click here for abstract submission.
- Opening of the submission of the abstract: 01-04-2019.
- Last Date of abstract submission: 31-07-2019.
- Notification of acceptance: 31-08-2019.
- Last date for full-length paper submission: 31-09-2019.
- Last date for payment of registration fee: 31-10-2019.
Phone: +91 674 7137112/20