IIT-BHU has invited applications for the following positions in the research project entitled “Assembly of Machine Translation Systems for Bhojpuri and Maithili” sponsored by Design Innovation Hub – Project Varanasi, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi.
1. Research Associate [1 post]
For Research Associate minimum experience on live Machine Translation projects is two years and the candidate should have at least one research publication on Indian Languages.
2. Project Assistant [15 posts]
Duration of the Project
Rs. 36,000/- for Research Associate and Rs. 18000/- for Project Assistants, per month (consolidated)
1. M.A. in Linguistics. In exceptional cases (to be decided at the discretion of the selection committee), M.A. in Maithili/Hindi/ English/Bhojpuri/Magahi may be considered in exceptional cases if the desirable conditions are met.
2. Demonstrable experience in working with linguistic resources and with live Machine Translation projects.
(These conditions are in addition to those mentioned above for Research Associate).
1. Native speakers of Bhojpuri, Maithili or Magahi.
2. Knowledge of some programming language and Linux
3 . Candidate must have working knowledge of computers. Diploma in Translation Studies will be an additional qualification
The upper age limit is 40 years for Project Assistant (5 years’ relaxation for female/SC/ST/physically handicapped candidates)
How to Apply?
- The application form as described above with self attested certificates and a CV should reach Dr. Anil Kumar Singh, Principal Investigator, Deptt. of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT (BHU), Varanasi on or before 11:00PM of 10-07-2017.
- Please submit the application package (applications, certificates and CV) by email to the email ids: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last date of application submission: 10-07-2017