Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) and the Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS) are organizing the India Disaster Resilience Leadership Fellowship during June-September 2019. Apply by April 12.
About the Fellowship:
The India Disaster Resilience Leadership Fellowship Programme aims to strengthen leadership and build the capacity of practitioners in vulnerable regions of the country, where they can make effective contributions towards risk reduction and resilience building.
Fellows will get an opportunity to understand the political-economy of disasters and develop hands-on skills in ideating and developing community-based and urban-centric disaster resilience projects. The fellowship attempts to enable participants to uncover specificities of building disaster resilience in the north-east and urban areas.
Structure of Fellowship:
- Fellows will be able to choose either Urban Risk and Resilience (URR) or Community-based Disaster Resilience (CBDR) as key concentrations of the fellowship, which is structured around two residential workshops (each one week long) spanned over four months.
- Fellows will be immersed in a working group of their choice, in either URR led by IIHS or in CBDR led by TISS, with a focus on the north-eastern states.
- The CBDR concentration specifically targets leaders and participants from or working in the northeast region.
- Ideal applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline, preferably combined with relevant work experience.
- All candidates must have basic proficiency in English.
- Exceptional candidates with relevant work experience without a Bachelor’s degree may also be considered.
- The fellowship is open to Indian Nationals only.
Fee and Scholarship:
- The fellowship is tuition-free. During the fellowship, the cost for exposure visit travel, lunches, coffee, tea and refreshments during and after sessions will be covered by host institutions.
- The costs for participants’ travel to Kochi and Mumbai, accommodation, and local travel to the venue will have to borne by the fellows.
- Limited scholarships are available to cover the full costs of travel, accommodation, and boarding. Applications for the scholarship will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Venue: Kochi & Mumbai
- Applications Open: 18 March 2019.
- Applications Close: 19 April 2019.
- Intimation of selected candidates: 03 May 2019.
- Fellowship Week 1: Kochi 03 – 07 June 2019.
- Fellowship Week 2: Mumbai 23 – 27 September 2019.
Click here to apply.
- TISS | email@example.com | +91 77 38 44 06 25.
- IIHS | firstname.lastname@example.org | +91 96 06 05 03 54.