Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing (IITDM) Kancheepuram invites applications for admission to its Ph.D. Programme.
The Institute offers Ph.D. programmes in the disciplines of-
- Computer Science and Engineering.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (Including Electrical Engineering).
- Mechanical Engineering.
Direct Ph.D. (for applicants having UG degree):
Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology with an exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. Programme as a regular full-time scholar subject to the following conditions:
- A B.Tech degree holder from IIT with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10 point scale or with a valid GATE score.
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from any other University should be among the top 10 rank holders in the University and having a valid GATE
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from a reputed R & D organization with an excellent research record.
For applicants holding PG degree:
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology (ME/MTech/M Des) or a Master of Science (MS) degree by Research in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record.
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and of exceptional merit where eligible, for the relevant Engineering discipline and with a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration.
The scholars admitted to the Ph.D. programmes under the regular-HTRA scheme (Full time) are eligible for the Half-time Teaching/Research Assistantship (HTRA) under the following
(a) The scholars should work for at least 8 hours per week to earn this assistantship.
(b) Renewal of assistantship every semester will be contingent on enrolment, satisfactory
progress in research work and good performance during the preceding semester in the
discharge of responsibility as a teaching/research assistant.
- 1st & 2nd Year: Rs. 31,000.
- 3rd to 5th year: Rs. 35000.
- GN/OBC-NC Male candidates: Rs.250.
- GN/OBC-NC Female candidates/SC/ST and PwD candidates: Rs.125.
Click here to apply.
- Last date for Registration of application online: 15.05.2019.
- Tentative dates of test/interview: Second week of June.
- Announcement of Results: Third week of June 2019.