About the organizer and competition
Across the ages, London has produced and inspired countless stories. Fictitious or real characters and events in this amazing city have always held a fascination, from the anecdotal urban myth to grand tales of historic legend – from the everyday to the curious, and from the past to the present.
The aim of the Poster Prize for Illustration competition 2019 is to attract artwork for display that is colourful, inspiring and celebrates the vibrant, multi-layered city that is London. Artists are invited to visually capture a familiar or lesser-known narrative in a single image.
All stories, current or historical, real or fictional which feature this amazing city are welcome – your imagination is the limit. Stories could be those seen in a film or play, heard in poetry or music, or read in literature.
They may be family anecdotes, or an impression of your daily observations. Your visual story could be inspired by London’s history or contemporary city living. What stories does London have to tell? Impress the jury with your illustrated interpretation of a London story and be in with a chance of having your work displayed at the famous London Transport Museum and winning the top prize.
The Poster Prize for Illustration continues Transport for London’s legacy of design that dates back over 100 years. London Transport Museum’s collection of graphic art is one of the best in the world and includes over 5,000 posters and artworks by famous artists including Man Ray, Laura Knight and Edward McKnight Kauffer.
Who is it for/eligibility
Participants of the competition are active undergraduate students. (age between 18 – 25 years old) and each team consist of 2 undergraduate students who enroll in same University.
The theme of this year is London Stories
July 16, 2018
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age to enter.
- Artwork should be a portrait orientation image file saved as .jpg, .png or .gif , in RGB mode, and should be under 4MB up to 3000px for the longest dimension. LTM prefers that artworks conform to actual or pro rata standard poster size.
- Applicants must warrant that their Submission is their own original work and it does not infringe the rights (including any intellectual property rights) of any third party.
- Submission, must not be obscene or offensive, refer to or include any political, religious or sexual topic, weapons or violence, or any charity or commercial brand (other than LTM, AOI or TfL if desired).If people are included in the Submission, it is important to remember the ethnic and cultural diversity of our cities, and make provision accordingly.
- First prize: £2,000 and feature of the winning image on a London Transport Museum poster to be displayed on the London Underground
- Second prize: £1,000
- Third prize: £750
- The top 100 entries selected by a panel of judges will be displayed in an exhibition at London Transport Museum that will run from February to Summer 2019.
- Shortlisted images will be featured on merchandise sold in London Transport Museum’s Covent Garden and online shops.
How to register
Click here to register and submit your entry.
Click here for official website.