Applications are invited for Project Associate Under DST Funded Project at WII Dehradun for the year 2021. The last date of application is 31 August.
Movement Ecology of Tiger (Panthera tigris) for Conflict Prediction and Landscape Management in Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve – Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve Complex, Southern India.
- Essential Qualification: Master’s Degree in Natural or Agricultural Sciences/MVSc or bachelor’s degree in Engineering of Technology or Medicine from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Desirable Qualification: Domain knowledge and experiences in Camera trapping; Distance sampling; Human-carnivore conflicts, Telemetry, Spatial analyses and predictive modelling involving Remote Sensing and GIS tools.
- Age limit: 35 Years
Scope of Work
- Investigation on movement ecology of tiger.
- Landscape analyses to map corridors, satellite cores and connectivity modeling.
- Handling, processing, and analyses of large-scale spatial data
- Development of Landscape Management Plan.
One year extendable depending upon requirement and performance of the candidate.
The candidates are required to submit their completed application forms in PDF format, with accompanying attachments (proof of research experience, publications etc.), by email (with subject line mentioning the name of the respective project to registrarpr[at]wii.gov.in not later than 1700 hrs on 31st August 2021:
- Rs. 31,000/- + HRA to Scholars who are selected through (a) National Eligibility Tests- CSIR-UGC NET
- Including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or GATE or (b) A selected process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institution.
- Rs. 25000/- + HRA for others who do not fall under (i) above.
The shortlisted candidates will be notified (through email and website notification) for online personal interview by 03rd September 2021. The online interview will be held on 06th September 2021 from 1000 hrs onwards.
Click here to view the official notification of Project Associate Under DST Funded Project at WII Dehradun.
You may also be interested in: